you are here: Home >> Products >> ZX Tooling Systems Overview
ZX TOOL SYSTEM
ZX Tooling systems
- The ZX system requires the use of a horizontal boring mill with a programmable inner spindle that rotates in unison with the outer spindle, or milling sleeve. The axial movement of the inner spindle is converted within the tool into radial cutting stroke for diameter control. In most horizontal boring mills, these two axes are referred to as “W” and “Z”.
- MULTIPLE OPERATIONS, ONE SET-UP, VARIOUS PART GEOMETRIES
- The ZX system improves productivity:
Eliminates frequent tool changes Provides high material removal rates Reduces set up time Many customers who have changed to the ZX system from conventional tooling report productivity increases of 500% or greater!
- The ZX system features a quick-release mounting device called a cam-lock bonnet.
- The cam-lock bonnet is precisely machined to fit the specific horizontal boring mill on which it will be installed.
- Cam-lock bonnets can be made to fit every make of horizontal boring mill, including Kuraki, Giddings & Lewis, Toshiba, Olympia, Lucas, Doosan, Pama, Skoda, Pegard Nomura, Ikegai, and others.